Galvanized Hurricane Ties Shark Style 18-Gauge Galvanized Steel Seismic Ties Each
Build a safe and long-lasting deck, roof, or house lift by having these hurricane ties. Made from durable and high-quality 18-gauge galvanized pressed steel, these connectors are rust-resistant and built to last. They are designed to resist lateral and uplift loads and are great for securing joists and rafters together. Commonly these connectors are used when building in areas prone to high winds, tornados, or hurricanes. The hurricane ties are designed with a unique bar to ensure a stable left-hand installation. However, this bar is easily removed to install the seismic ties on either the left or right side.
A hurricane tie fastener can provide a secure attachment of a truss/rafter to a structural wall or beam. The fastener includes upper/lower vertical perpendicular plates with 10 nail-receiving holes designed for maximum security and durability. A left-side horizontal arm extends from the bottom of the upper plate away from the lower plate and extends upward from the arm, locking onto the wooden beam. The arm can be easily removed to make the orientation universal. A truss-receiving space is formed between the upper plate and leg, creating a top entrance opening for receiving the bottom of the truss when the fastener is moved upwardly relative to the truss. The fastener is self-supporting on the truss to make the nailing of the fastener to the truss and wall member easier and safer.
- 850 lbs. of Uplift Support (33% Stronger Than Competitors)
- Unique Left-Handed or Universal Installation Orientation
- Safely and Effectively Secure Wooden Structures Together - ICC Tested
- Made From Durable and High-Quality 18-Gauge Pressed Steel That Has Been Hot-Dip Galvanized To Prevent Rusting and Withstand The Elements
- Designed With Unique Arm Feature That Brings Extra Stability To Left-Hand Installations (Note: This Bar Can Be Easily Removed To Allow These Ties To Be Universally Installed)
- Ideal For Installations When Building a Deck, Porch, Roof, or Lift In Areas That Are Prone To High Winds, Tornados, or Hurricanes
- Made In The USA
|Material Type||Pressed Steel|